Events and appearances
- Launch of The Time of Our Lives by Andrea Goldsmith at Melbourne WF by Zoom (October).
- Interviews begin for The Time of Our Lives launch (September) (including SMH, Courier-Mail, Joy FM, ABC RN, Caroline Baum, 3RRR, Susan Wyndham for Gleebooks, Nicole Abadee, Geelong Library and many others).
- Queer Stories, Spiegeltent, Melbourne (January).
- Talk to SA Writers on creativity at State Library of SA (October).
- Jaipur (JLF) OzAsia Festival, Festival Centre, Adelaide (October).
- Queer Stories, Giant Dwarf Theatre, Sydney (August).
- Queer Stories event in Spiegeltent, Hobart (March).
- Ubud Writers Festival appearances (Bali, October).
- Bendigo Writers Festival (August).
- Muse Long Lunch, Canberra (30 May).
- ANU/Canberra Times in conversation with Nicholas Brown (29 May).
- Sydney Writers’ Festival (24–27 May).
- Avid Reader bookshop, Brisbane, in conversation (16 May).
- Launch of The Pleasures of Leisure at Salamanca Inn, Hobart (8 May).
- Conversation with Ramona Koval, Wheeler Centre, Melbourne.
- Interview at Travel Writing Symposium, University of Tasmania, Launceston.
- Sydney Writers’ Festival (talking about travel, friendship).
- Panel discussion on childhood reading at Reader’s Feast Bookshop, Melbourne.
- Perth Writers’ Festival (interviewing Michelle de Kretser, talk on ageing).
- Adelaide Writers’ Week: Seymour Biography Lecture ‘Pushing Against the Dark’; panels.
- Melbourne Writers’ Festival (panels and an address on growing old well).
- Brisbane Writers’ Festival (interviewing Drusilla Modjeska, being interviewed about my own writing).
- Talks at Australian Literature conference, University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Ten Days on the Island festival, Hobart (interviewing writers, panels).
- Seymour Biography Lecture, National Library, Canberra.
- Address on beauty at Newcastle Art Gallery.
- Adelaide Writers’ Week.
- Paper on gay issues at Gerontology Conference, Hobart.
- Keynote address to Australian Society of Travel Writers, Sydney.
- Lecture on the personal essay at ABR Calibre prize event National Library, Canberra.
- Address at Monash University campus, Prato, Italy.
- Byron Bay Writers’ Festival (panels, keynote address).
- Melbourne Writers’ Festival.
- Perth Writers’ Festival (interviewing writers, breakfast address).
- Graduation speech at Curtin University, Perth WA.
- Address to Fine Arts students, University of Tasmania.
- Addresses at Travel Conference, University of Melbourne.
- Panel discussion on Suffering at State Library of NSW.
- Melbourne Writers’ Festival.
- Panel discussion at State Library of NSW on melancholy.
- Address at Lyon literary festival (“Villa Gillet Assizes”), France (in French).
- Byron Bay Writers’ Festival.
- Talk on George Lambert at National Gallery of Australia, Canberra.
- Talks on travel, beauty, at Newcastle Writers’ Festival, Ourimbah, NSW.
- Appearance at Vancouver and Calgary literary festivals.
- Participation in Montreal Literary Festival (in French).
- Readings at the Woolloomooloo Hotel in Paris.
- Appearances on French and Belgian television (in French).
- Appearance on “Bouillon de culture”, French television (in French).